1. Q. What is considered one hour of CE credit?
A. A minimum of 50 minutes of CE activity.
2. Q. What CE topics are acceptable to renew my chiropractic license?
A. Approved topics are outlined in rule 4734-7-02 (B)(3). http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/4734-7-02
3. Q. What CE topics are not acceptable to renew my chiropractic license?
A. Prohibited topics are outlined in rule 4734-7-02 (E).
4. Q. Can I take a program on Risk Management for CE credit?
A. No, Risk Management is not an approved CE topic.
5. Q. Can I listen to an audio program or a CD or watch a DVD and claim it for CE credit?
A. No, these formats are a prohibited form of earning CE.
6. Q. Are any topics mandated by the Board?
A. Yes, you must earn 2 hours of CE on one or more of these topics: ethics and professionalism; human trafficking awareness; Board laws and rules.
7. Q. Can I earn CE on just one of the Board mandated topics?
A. Yes, you can take CE on any one of the three topics, or any combination of the topics so long as the hours earned total 2.
8. Q. Can I earn more than 2 hours of Board mandated CE to renew my license?
A. No. Only 2 hours will be accepted.
9. Q. How can I earn CE on the Board’s laws and rules?
A. The Board offers one hour of free online laws and rules CE through myIcourse.com. http://myicourse.com/welcome
10. Q. Can I take a program on coding if the goal is to improve my documentation?
A. Yes, so long as the program enhances your documentation and does not instruct on billing and/or coding techniques to enhance reimbursement.
11. Q. Where can I find CE on human trafficking awareness?
A. Visit the Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force Website at
http://humantrafficking.ohio.gov/Home.aspx for free CE sources.
12. Q. Can I earn CE at a program where the instructor teaches via teleconference?
A. Yes, so long as the instructor can speak directly with you and interact with you.
13. Q. Can I take the same program more than once and claim it for CE?
14. Q. Do webinars meet the Board’s definition of CE?
A. Yes, if the webinar requires you to register and log in and if your time is tracked in a database where attendance is monitored. The program must also include a mechanism to evaluate your knowledge of the subject matter.
15. Q. Can I earn CE by sitting in a room watching a video of a pre-recorded CE program?
A. No, the instructor must be able to speak directly with you and interact with you.
16. Q. How do I know if an online CE program meets the Board’s requirements for interactive online
A. It is your responsibility to determine if a program meets the Board’s requirements. Refer to rule 4734-7-02 (D).
17. Q. What if an online CE provider cannot confirm that their online program meets the requirements
outlined in rule 4734-7-02(D)?
A. Any reputable CE provider should be able to tell you if their program meets the Board’s requirements. If they cannot, the Board would recommend you not earn online CE from that provider.
18. Q. What if I am unable to obtain a CE certificate from a provider?
A. It is your responsibility to obtain proof that you have earned CE. The Board has no oversight or jurisdiction over CE providers.
19. Q. What is a recognized Provider of Approved Continuing Education (PACE)? http://pacex.fclb.org/
A. PACE is a service provided by the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards that reviews and approves CE programs.
20. Q. Can I earn CE from a PACE provider/program?
A. Yes, so long as the topic is an approved topic as outlined in 4734-7-02(B). Please ensure the program topic is not prohibited as outlined in 4734-7-02 (E). If you take courses from a PACE provider, you can track and print your CE, and if you are audited, PACE will send a transcript of your CE directly to the Board office.